Friday, April 11, 2008

Introduction

Hello, everyone, my name is Mackenzie Kraemer, and welcome to my blog. Here, I will talk about sports, music, and anything else that interests me, as the title says. I don't have a whole lot to talk about now, but in the coming days, I'll have updates on the upcoming NFL draft (and what I think and hope the Jets will do), baseball, basketball, college basketball, maybe some hockey or golf here and there, and on whatever else pops into my head. I'm a Villanova student, so they are my college basketball team. I'm also a diehard Jets, Yankees, Nets, and Devils fan. I play a little guitar and I play some video games, so I might update some of that for my personal posts. We'll see where this blog goes, maybe I'll turn it into a bit of a public journal.

But for now, let's stick to the issues: Yankees-Red Sox tonight. Wang-Bucholz. The first trip of the year to Boston, always fun. Bucholz is a very young pitcher, but as Yankees fans have seen with Phil Hughes, it takes time. Sure Chamberlain spoils us, but it's easier to have an instant impact in the bullpen (not normally to that extent though). Wang often struggles against Boston, but in his first two starts, he's struck out 8 batters, an improvement over the last two seasons. The slider has really helped out his arsenal, as he quieted the Blue Jay and Ray bats pretty easily in his first two outings. The key for Wang, as always, is to keep the ball down. If he can do that, he should be able to build on his first two starts. If not, the Red Sox bats will be ready, even if they haven't played up to their full potential so far. Mike Lowell was placed on the 15 day DL, so he won't be available.

By the way, can the Yankees ever start off a season hot? Every year the offense starts off slowly. 10 games is nothing to panic about, but one time, you'd like the team to get off to a good start. Obviously, injuries have been a concern the last two seasons with Jeter and Posada already banged up, but that shouldn't be an excuse. Last year, Carla Pavano was the opening day starter, so last year's slow start made sense.

Also, Devils vs Rangers tonight. Must win for New Jersey, they can't go back to New York down 2-0. Previous Devils teams, sure. This team just does not have the firepower offensively, and Brodeur looks tired. He's going to be starting his 43rd consecutive game, so it makes sense, but Brodeur never wants to be taken out of the net. If Scott Clemmensen could play a game here and there, so can Kevin Weekes. Brodeur needs to realize he's getting older and take a few games off. I expect him to come up with a big effort tonight after being embarrassed by allowing Ryan Callahan to score right in front of him, rather than just covering the puck.

Well, my body is dead from playing basketball earlier, but now I'm going to play some tennis. When did I get so much energy?

No comments: