Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Mangenius

I've always been a fan of Eric Mangini since the Jets hired him, but he's quickly become one of the best/most quotable coaches in the game. Starting now, I'm going to start compiling quotes of his because some are just downright funny. I'll edit this as I go along.
5/29/08: Mangini on why they signed FB Tony Richardson: “I wanted to bring in a contemporary (of mine).”
5/29/08: "I have not spoken to [Chris Baker] since we last spoke (May 22)," Mangini said. "Actually I owe him a call. I’ll probably text him or call him either tonight or tomorrow. Texting is my new thing."
5/28/08: After revealing that QB coach Brian Daboll gave both Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens books after the year that had ways on which they could improve, "tip sheets" if you will, Mangini was asked whose book was bigger. “I don’t know if size totally matters,” Mangini deadpanned
5/22/08: “Having the passion for ballroom dancing like I do…” he began, referring to Jason Taylor’s appearance on “Dancing With the Stars.” “I’ve watched some of that. He’s pretty good. I didn’t vote, but I thought he did a great job. As long as he wants to stay out of Miami’s camp, I think he should.”
6/1/07: "We had three guys fall over the bags yesterday. Nobody fell over them today. That's improvement." -- Coach Eric Mangini on the progress the Jets' rookies made from the first to second day of their first mini-camp.
8/9/08: After Favre's first practice. “Guess word’s out how much better my press conferences are. Good to see.”
8/10/08: “Brett had his two hard-boiled eggs, a little bit of orange juice. There was a garnish, I think, and some hash browns.” Then someone asked him what he ate first. “It was a tough call, because the eggs were mixed with the hashbrowns, so I don’t know which one actually hit his mouth first. I’ll film it next time.”

No comments: