Saturday, May 3, 2008

Quick update

Sorry that I haven't been quite on top of this as I would like to be. Exams this week at school along with a few other things can take up a lot of time. I finished up the NFL Draft first round preview yesterday, soon I will discuss all the Jets picks, and not to give that away, but I like pretty much all of the players selected, but there isn't one pick I can point to, and say it was a steal. A lot of the players have some boom/bust potential, but most of those players are hard workers, and I will take a team of guys who work hard and have a lot of potential to get better. That seems like a good combination for me.

I'll give updates on the Yankees in my next post. As I type, the Yankees lead Seattle 1-0 in the 2nd inning, with Mike Mussina on the mound against Felix Hernandez. I have been highly critical of the Moose, but 2 innings of no hit ball so far for him. With Hughes out until likely July and Kennedy struggling mightily, the Yankees need someone else besides Chien-Ming Wang (who is unbelievable with that slider) and Andy Pettitte to step up. Mussina is like a car whose gas light just came on. You know you've reached close to the end of the line, but you can still squeeze it out for some more miles. Right now, the Yankees are doing that with Mussina. With an 85 mph fastball, Moose is running on fumes, but he's trying to prove that you can't count him out.

No comments: